Happy New Year! I’m so excited about all the possibilities in this new year, especially the General Synod of the United Church of Christ, in Milwaukee, June 21-25. I’ll share more about this in the months to come. For now, please read the following letter from the leaders of our Local Arrangements Committee, (LAC). I hope we can count on your help.
YOUR HELP IS KEY to the success of the Wisconsin Conference hosting the 32nd General Synod of the UCC at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee. Over 3000 people are expected to attend and we need 300 to 400 volunteers to assist the Local Arrangements Committee over this 5-day event. Here is an opportunity to experience the wider United Church of Christ and to learn about our denomination and the many ministries we are engaged in on behalf of Jesus Christ. To the right is a list of several ways you can volunteer.
In January, Volunteer registration will be available online through the Wisconsin Conference website page for General Synod. Information with the link will also be emailed to congregations. All registrations for Volunteering will be done electronically including indicating the positions available and the dates/times volunteers are needed.
Fill out the form and schedule yourself for a specific time and specific opportunity/ies. To qualify for a reduced Synod registration fee, volunteers must sign up for 6 hours. Once confirmed as an Official Volunteer you will receive a code and can register on the UCC General Synod website, ucc.org/synod.
After registering as a volunteer, Volunteers must register with the General Synod site and pay a reduced fee of $60. As a registered volunteer you are able to attend all 5 days of the General Synod as a visitor volunteer at this reduced rate. DO NOT Register on the Synod website until you have been confirmed and received the volunteer code.
We hope you consider volunteering at General Synod 32 in Milwaukee June 21-25, 2019! We want you to help give an extravagant welcome to the United Church of Christ in Milwaukee and the Wisconsin Conference.
General Synod 32 LAC Coordinators: Bonnie Andrews, Debbie Payden, Tom Payden & Tim Perkins
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER:
- Extravagant Hospitality & Welcome: Welcome and direct attendees at Mitchell Airport, the Intermodal Station downtown and in designated hotels.
- Registration Table: Assist with the check-in process at the Wisconsin Center.
- Guides & Greeters: Welcome and provide directions to attendees in the Wisconsin Center.
- Accessibility: Assist with motorized scooters, or other accommodations.
- Childcare & Children’s Ministry: Provide supervision and program leadership for age-appropriate child care and children’s activities for infants through age 12. All volunteers in this area will have a background check.
- Word Processing for Education & Committees; use your word processing skills to maintain edits in pronouncements of assigned committees.
- Floor Stewards: Assist delegates during plenary sessions as needed.
- Exhibit Hall Support: Assist in the area designated for UCC and related agencies and vendors.
- Worship Ushers: Usher during worship services of Synod.
- Volunteer Support: Support volunteers before and during General Synod.
- App-bassadors: Help delegates and visitors to access the General Synod app.
- Outdoor Festival: Direct and assist attendees at the Sunday Festival at Frank Zeidler Square Park. All members of the Wisconsin Conference are invited!
- Flexible On-Call: On-call volunteers will cover needs which arise unexpectedly.
- For more information check out org/synodvolunteer.